Logistic solutions for electronics manufacturers
Consumer electronics, small appliances and equipment, for the most part, belong to expensive products, which require special conditions for transportation, handling and further storage.
The main task of the logistics of electronics and small household appliances, in this case, is connected with the construction of a fast and reliable supply chain for linking production sites to sales channels.
The logistics strategy of the company, which sells electronics and small appliances, is aimed at optimizing its resources while managing the main and related commodity flows. Storage of such products in the warehouse implies the following operations:
- optimal organization of storage space;
- the correct placement of products and its placement for storage;
- creation of the required storage conditions, as well as the protection of the warehouse;
- the operational organization of the account of the goods, their movement and moving;
- use of special handling equipment.
Electrical equipment, cable products, small household appliances require special storage conditions, depending on many environmental factors. High temperature, together with sharp changes in it, excessive or insufficient air humidity in the room, dust, sunlight, corrosive or chemical effects affect the performance of electrical equipment. Optimal indicators of the temperature of storage of household electrical appliances is the temperature of 9-15 degrees Celsius and air humidity 55-60%. If you do not comply with these rules of storage, then the electrical equipment will quickly become unusable.
Business Group Logistics: Warehouse storage of electronics
Warehouses usually use several methods of storing products:
- storage by the principle of uniformity of goods;
- storage depending on the size and weight of the goods;
- separate storage of products of high and low demand of consumers;
- separate storage of a specific group of goods.
When placing household appliances for storage, not only storage terms and its specificity are taken into account, but also consumer demand. So, electronics, which are very popular with consumers, are placed closer to the exit and the order picking area, etc.
Automated warehouse management system (WMS)
The storage capacity of electronics and small household appliances, the growth of the volume of cargo handling, as well as the quality of warehouse services are impossible without such a convenient tool as the WMS system. Its implementation and use allows:
- Reduce the cost of maintenance personnel. The WMS system effectively manages all warehouse operations, and does not simply state the fact of the transaction. All information is stored in one place, every employee of the warehouse has access to it. In other words, employees become interchangeable without losing their productivity.
- Organize warehouse processes. All business processes in WMS are configured taking into account the features of cargo processing, goods movement, placement and sale.
- Create an optimal system of staff motivation. WMS makes it possible to simulate what resources and in what quantity may be needed in a warehouse in the face of a changing volume of cargo processing, and also to detail the cost of the warehouse service.
- Dynamically place products depending on the intensity of shipments, convenience of product location, shelf life, weight, size and other characteristics.
Our WMS accounting system, which we use in our warehouses, is fully compatible with 1C. It is able to monitor storage temperature, humidity in the room, lighting, gives individual tasks to warehouse workers. To move goods WMS system chooses the most optimal routes. The errors of warehouse employees are minimized by scanning barcodes to confirm the fulfillment of the task. A convenient report of the availability, as well as the movements of the goods, helps the manager to correctly assess the situation in the warehouse.
The use of 3PL-operator’s resources for the organization of warehouse accounting of electronics and small household appliances allows the client companies to reduce the costs of storage of products, reduce the time for carrying out warehouse operations, accelerate the formation of lots of goods, reduce the number of errors due to the human factor, improve the accuracy of commodity accounting.